Sunday 16 April 2017

Wolflust

I could feel the blood lust rising, the full moon was nearly here. I stood in the dark under the shadow of a cloud as the moon began to rise.
I inhaled deeply, though the change was not yet upon me my senses were already becoming heightened. I could smell the couple camping nearby the lake, they where the reason why I had positioned myself here ready to turn.
Since becoming a werewolf a few years back I had embraced my darker wolfish tendencies.
There is nothing like that first rush when you pick up a humans scent and start to stalk your pray.
It took me sometime to control myself at these times. When I was a new wolf, I was just crazy I would attack anything that moved ruthlessly and gruesomely but now I am in control, I take time setting up my pray sensing the fear building up in them until I take them.
My body tenses, this is it the moon is here.
Awoool
A howl wrenches itself from my muzzles a I shift to my better stronger wolf form. A lonely howl on the brisk night air. No answering ones tonight I must have this part of the forest to myself.
I drop to all fours and I leap forth into a run, not for hunting yet just for the sheer joy in the powerful moment I am now capable off.
As I tear  through the forest a deer crosses my path while I have much better pray I consider leaving it to find its way home. But it's so close and I can hear the sound of its blood pumping through its veins as it freezes in fear of my smell. I pounce, ripping its jugular straight out from its throat. The blood spurts out and the deer collapses. I pause head over it ready to eat when I catch a shift in the breezes bringing me a change in the scent of the people by the lake the sounds of my transformation and subsequent kill must have them on edge I can smell their fear.
Leaving the deer corpse behind; i am sure one of the other night dwellers will enjoy, I head towards the lake.
Their campfire is now burning high I can see they have moved closer together with the tent behind them. I move swiftly through the nearby trees allowing my shadow to flicker in the fires light.
I am making a second pass closer this time, when another howls rents through the night. Looks like I have some company now. I debate should I risk a colleague turning up and interfering with my kill or should I just take them out now.
The smaller of the two is now weeping, oh hell I don't want a wet meal, I decide.
With one powerful leap I am in the fire light with my huge paws crushing the smaller one while the bigger one tries to fend me off with a branch. I laugh. I have been told that a werewolves laugh is truly a terror to hear, and to judge from the face and smell of this one I think they agree.
I quickly snap the back of the small one so they cannot escape then leap claws and teeth out, towards the second, it is only a matter of a few frenzied moments before the light goes out. I toss the broken bloody corpse to the side and stand over the other one. I can see the horror in their eyes of what I am, what I am about to do to them. For a brief second something almost like guilt flickers across my mind but it's gone before I even really notice it.
I still have a min or two before company arrives, so I lean in slowly nuzzle their neck as gently as a lover would. Then wolfishly grinning to myself I tear their throat out and watch their eyes grow dark.
Just in time my guest is arriving.


No comments:

Post a Comment